viernes, agosto 19, 2005

On the end of any other song (but this)

This is the ancient rooftop
and so this is me.

To Dance - says the rooftop-
is waaaay out of bounds.
No more dancing - life agrees -
Chill.
Commit.

But then again
here comes myself
and so comes this complying moon.
Dance -she says-
Please,
dance some more.

Yet neither me
or the rooftops
or the rebelious moonlight
are (were)
even
listening.

I could have sworn it was me
yes,
right when i stepped out of the labyrinth
only to look up, right in the middle of the sky
and cried myself out.
I fucking swear.
It was me.
Just me.


I saw them.
Each and everyone of them:
The clouds, the rain, the stupidly belligerant wind
and with the wind i also saw your mouth
yes, all of them, all together
crashing in, only to move over
almost immediatly

And I thanked you.
And you don't even know how much.
And i
still
thank you.

"Make way for mrs. moondance"
And so you did.

Couldn't have been a greater good-bye.
Couldn't have been more perfect.
Should not.
Will not.
Never again.

All this moon
All this anxiety
All this hunger
making way
- in such an innocent shape-
to this restless
to this deep and tremendous piece of sorrow
which merely happens to be
so unable to find
a decent (oh, let's not say decent, let's just say right)

a right
the right
place
to rest
within my soul.
Or yours.
Or anyone's.

Gotta sleep.

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

gotta sleep
baby cradle in your dreams
don't ever come back for more
there has never been more
but how it tastes sweet
as if still there were
enough time to play another tune

then why not
start the old record
and sing this hideous song

-sigh-

here everybody go again...